Your Bicester Bridal Experience
Welcome to Bicester Bridal! We are very excited to meet you and to show you our beautiful collection of wedding dresses!
What to expect during your appointment
At Bicester Bridal we aim to provide a friendly and calm atmosphere where you can relax and enjoy looking at and trying on our dresses. Our bridal appointments are an hour and a half long and we start with refreshments and a short consultation, exploring where you are on your wedding journey, and what style of dresses you may like. We then go around the boutique together choosing a selection of dresses to try on. Don’t panic if you are not sure what you want or looking for, this is what we are here for!
If you find your dream dress with us, which we hope you do, we will take measurements and complete an order form. To enable us to order your dress we will need to take a 50% deposit, which allows your dress to be made for you. Dresses usually take between 4-9 months to arrive in store (unless stated otherwise) and you also need to factor in alteration time which is usually 8-12 weeks . Once your dress arrives we will arrange an appointment with you to come back in, try your dress on and this is when you will pay the remaining balance of the dress and we can discuss the alterations process.
Bridal appointments are great fun and should you find yourself saying ‘Yes’ it’s a very important life moment to share with your closest family and friends. We want to make sure that your appointment is as relaxed as possible and that the focus is on you to allow you to make your decision without undue pressure. We’ve put together some rules and guidelines below to help make sure that you get the very best from your appointment with us.
- Come along to your appointment with preferably 2 or 3, but a maximum of 4 adult guests. We are more than happy for you to involve other friends and family members via skype/Facetime etc and we will provide free Wifi on request (we unfortunately, cannot accommodate babies and children under 16). We are limited on space for any additional adult guests, but also choosing a wedding dress can be stressful if you have too many different opinions, just bring those closest friends/family who you trust the most to be honest.
- No photos please. The contract we hold with some of our designers specifies that no photos can be taken in store of the dresses, but don’t worry, our website is kept up to date with all of the boutique’s dresses that you can refer to if you need to! We also think a mobile phone photo doesn’t do your wedding dress the justice it deserves and can sometimes distort colours and details!
- Please do not come to the boutique if either you or your guests are feeling unwell or are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
- Arrive with the mindset that you could find your dress. Don’t be surprised if you find your perfect wedding dress even if it is your very first appointment (or even first dress!) as it happens so often! For that reason, we do recommend bringing the person/people who you would want with you when making the big decision (if that is possible) i.e. if mum is an important aspect of the decision, make sure it is a date she can attend or is available to join you virtually.
- Come with an open mind. We obviously want to know the sort of styles that you like and we will of course listen to your ideas, but do be open to trying on the odd ‘wildcard’ selected by us…we have a good track record for pulling the winning dress.
- Please arrive on time to ensure that you receive your full appointment experience. Any arrival after 15 minutes past the start time will, unfortunately, need to be re-schedule as we are unable to over-run due to our tight time constraints. The non-refundable fee will be lost if your appointment is missed. Our appointments are always in demand, and usually, we have a waiting list so if you find you are no longer able to attend your appointment, PLEASE kindly let us know so that we can allocate it to another bride.
We’re really looking forward to meeting you for your appointment, if you have any questions or concerns in the meantime just let us know!!
Maddy and the BB Team…xx